Wednesday, September 14, 2011

REMARKABLE EVENTS ON THIS DATE.

On today's date, 3 years ago, I was in Cusco, Peru. My two sons, Micah and Marcus, and I were having lunch on the the balcony of a second floor restaurant which overlooked the Cusco town square. We were reminiscing about our successful trekking trip to Machu Pichu. We climbed 30 miles on a rugged mountain trail to the Hidden city of the Inca Indian nation. It was an exciting adventure that I will remember as long as I live.


Today I am in Chicago celebrating the birth of my 10th grandchild. We now have 5 girls and 5 boys. This is another event that is exciting and memorable. My new grandson has been named Evan Christopher Riley. He is a healthy, handsome boy with a great future ahead of him. Marcy and Stephen are lucky to have had him and he is lucky to have such wonderful parents. Also, Evan is lucky to have a loving big sister, 3 year old Emily. Life just gets better and better.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I applaud your brevity. You have finally learned the art of eloquence. Your future novels will be best sellers!

    A CRITIC OF LITERATURE

    ReplyDelete