Tuesday, September 6, 2011

LIFE CONTINUES TO BE INTERESTING

Just got an email report from my son Marcus. He just got off Korean airlines on the other side of the Pacific. He and his wife, Jules, are on the first leg of their adventure to Indonesia and Nepal. So far, so good. I am jealous!

Just got an email from my good friend, Pat Fero. It contained a photograph of me hitch hiking when I was age 25. Wow, can't believe I was ever so young!

Just finished dinner and bridge with our good friends, George and Barbara Teller. As usual, it was very enjoyable.

Just finished a cigar at the end of our dock. Beautiful sunset after- glow on a lovely September evening. I continue to marvel at how lucky I am to be married to Nancy.

Just started reading Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography. He was one of our country's great founding fathers. Fascinating fellow. Among many accomplishments, he created our first library and our Post Office. He lived a virtuous and moral life (except for an illegitimate son) but did not attend church. He spent Sundays studying and reading books.

2 comments:

  1. Ben was an inveterate womanizer all his life. He was especially popular in Paris. Ben is my hero image.
    TsarPat

    ReplyDelete