Wednesday, December 1, 2010

REMEMBERING LIFE'S FIRST EXPERIENCES

I got up late and was surprised to see snow on the ground. First of December and the season’s first snow came down. The first of anything is always surprising. There are many “firsts” in a lifetime. Most of them are delightful but some are not. We tend to remember the best and worst “firsts” in our life. Especially, births and deaths are remembered. What a joy it is when your first child comes along but what awful sadness when your first parent dies. Life seems to be balanced that way. I try to stay focused on the good, not the bad. For instance, my first love and my first marriage (I only had one) and my first family are my greatest joy (thank you Nancy)! 

2 comments:

  1. Well said!
    Although I must admit that the greatest mornings of my life are those that begin without any snow on the ground.
    Tsar Pat (in balmy southern PA)

    ReplyDelete