Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!

No leaves are left on my trees,
Signals of winter coming are clear,
From the North comes a cold breeze,
Tis hunting season, neighbor shot a deer,
Dark clouds say the ground will soon freeze,
Thanks are definitely in order so I give them here:

I am thankful for and delighted with the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic somewhere behind the morning. The gift of life is precious and I am thankful for it. The gift of being a part of a large, loving family is the best gift of all. There are so many things to be thankful for that it is impossible to list them all. So, I shall simply say, “THANKS!”

O. Henry said, "There is one day that is ours. Thanksgiving Day is purely American"

3 comments:

  1. Or put succinctly: Life's a bitch and then it ends.
    Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go again,being cynical! Look on the bright side; you don't have much longer to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you say!? I have been searching for the elixir of youth and think I've found it in Arrogant Bastard Ale. As long as I keep drinking it daily, I cannot die. How do I know?I haven't yet, have I? There you have it. Proof good enough for a Tea Partier. Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete