Wednesday, December 8, 2010

THE NEXT BIG THING

We have experienced the Internet, E-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Smartphones, WikiLeaks, Global warming, Economic meltdown and the crazy Organic food fad. What’s next? Whatever it is, it will only last about 20 minutes and then the next big thing will come along. The world is changing faster and faster. I can’t keep up. My next big thing is to escape from this world and go to the world of pleasant literature. I will put on my Bose noise cancelling headphones and spend my time reading 3,500 good books on my new Kindle Reader. Don’t bother me unless you have some good news. Now that would be a really big thing!

Technological changes are happening faster than most humans can assimilate them. For example, the Internet now has all the information and knowledge necessary to do anything but people do not have the intelligence and skill to take advantage of it. What we need is an app that would allow us to understand and use all that stuff. I am suggesting a plug-in that you put in your ass. It would be called the smart ass plug-in! 

2 comments:

  1. Just carry a smartphone--a little farther up on your anatomy--and you'll have all the world's information literally at your fingertips.
    BTW: I don't think there have been 3,500 "good" books written. Let me know when you hit the end of them.
    TsarPat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how to have the world's information at my fingertips; but I do not understand all of it. That is why I need the plug-in, smart ass! The Internet makes it easy to get information but, so far, it does not help you to understand it.

    ReplyDelete