Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PLUG-INS REVISITED

All right, I admit it. Last week’s blog was a gimcrack one. It was rather tasteless to suggest a plug-in that you place in your ass in order to understand all that Internet information. But, think about it; don’t we need some help making use of all that complicated knowledge? It may not be a smart ass plug-in but we need something to help us. Wouldn’t it be great to actually understand and use information such as “Boolean Logic”? AND, OR, NOT operators could be very helpful, if we knew how to use them. Why, we could even write computer language if we knew how to use zeros and ones. I have studied Homomorphisms and Isomorphisms but I still do not have the slightest idea what the heck they are. Propositonal calculus is way over my head. It would be great to plug in something somewhere and have instant understanding. Unlike Socrates, the only thing I know is that I do not know everything. Maybe it’s better that way.

   “REAL KNOWLEDGE IS TO KNOW THE EXTENT OF ONE’S IGNORANCE.”
                                                               Confucius 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure you would enjoy knowing everything, Mr. Thinker. It's not all pretty for one thing. It would make your head explode. On the other hand, knowing everything you need to know, has a lucrative ring to it. What I need to know is which way the stock market is going next year. TsarPat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will either go up, down, or stay the same. On a need to know basis, you can count on it being more up then down. Gamble big and win big because you are a big guy! I will refund my outrageous fee, if I am wrong. How come your head has not exploded, know it all?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Lance: I did not saw I knew it all (although my head occasionally explodes anyway). All I said was that I needed to know what I needed to know even if I didn't know I needed it, and that I often didn't know what I needed to know when I needed to know it. Now I need to know if you are Bernie Madoff in disguise. TsarPat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! And I have a great investment for you. Guaranteed annual rate of return of 50% and absolutely no risk. Send a certified cashiers check for $100,000 and I will make a fortune for you. Now, we will see if you know what you need to know, or not.

    ReplyDelete