Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I AM A SENSITIVE KIND OF GUY

But my wife is more sensitive to cold than I am. The thermostat setting in our house is the only thing we ever argue about. In the winter, the energy saving experts suggests a setting of 68 degrees. My wife says she can’t be comfortable at less than 72 degrees. I maintain that if she would dress appropriately, she would be comfortable at 68. She says if  I would take off some cloths I would be comfortable at 72 (degrees not age). We have argued about this for a very long time without reaching an agreement. I will quietly sneak it down. She will surreptitiously turn it up. Using a heating contractor’s formula, I determined that the additional monthly cost for increasing the temperature from 68 to 72 is $20. I have decided to spend the extra $20 per month in order to make my wife happy. It is better to be kind than “right”. It only took me 44 years to capitulate. Yes, I’m a sensitive guy but a little slow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment