Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A BOOK REVIEW

It has been awhile since I have reviewed a book. I just finished reading a series of books that were so good, I have to tell you about them. These books grabbed me and kept me reading until I had finished all three. They are called the Millennium-Trilogy and consist of: THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, and THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET’S NEST. The author, Stieg Larsson of Sweden, died at the age of 50 shortly after completing the three novels. Because he was so talented, it is a shame that he died so young. His books have become the second biggest sellers in the entire world.
Larsson’s background in journalism seems to have helped him to become an outstanding novelist. I went from one book to the next as fast as I could. I was led into a world that I knew nothing about and found it to be captivating. His characters are so vivid and complex that they seem real and believable. The imaginative plot kept me completely absorbed. I was delightfully entertained by this author. I wish I could read more of his work but he is gone from this world.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Mr. Freelance: If'n ya wanna be a reviewer for da New Yawk Times, ya gotta give some detail, see. What woild, what kinda characters? Got it? Let's hear some more about 'em.
    Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is about a very talented journalist and a neurotic girl genius who team up to fight government corruption in Sweden. He is a brilliant detective and she is a world class computer hacker. They have wild sex together and triumph over evil. They also have some frightening experiences_lots of blood, guts, and mayhem. They have some very interesting conversations while drinking coffee. Swedish people seem to drink a lot of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. But I wouldn't count on the NYT calling any time soon. I've been to Sweden. There's nothing else to do there but have sex and drink coffee. But, hey, it's a living.
    Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete