Wednesday, January 19, 2011

REDICULOUS, STUPID HOLLYWOOD AWARD SHOWS

Did you watch the Golden Globe Awards show? I am embarrassed to admit that I watched some of it. It struck me that it was a group of attractive, shallow, egotistical, celebrity, rich people giving themselves awards, gift baskets, and telling each other they are God’s gift to the planet. There was no ground swell of support from fans who want to show actors how important they are. It was another night of silly people patting themselves on the back for doing their pretend jobs. They spent millions of dollars on designer gowns, fancy hair dos and plastic surgery so that they could strut and pose while telling each other how great they look. Almost made me gag! They do this 3 times every year. There are the Emmys, The Golden Globe Awards, and the Oscars. How come retired geezers like me can’t have an award show? With my plaid shirt and striped pants, I could win the “best dressed” award for the geezers. Then, I could give a speech thanking all my relatives for helping me to become such a snappy dresser.
I say cancel all those stupid Award Shows and use the money to buy food for poor people. If the Hollywood actors did that, I would applaud them instead of make fun of them!

2 comments:

  1. I don't watch any of them for two reasons: One is the reason you gave; and two is that I've never seen any of the movies or shows they were in since I refuse to support them in that way either.
    However--with the great Tsar, there's always a however--these splendiferous and gaudy circuses do provide many jobs for average joes and josephinas (and joses and marias), legal and illegal.
    The Romans would have loved it.
    TsarPat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid comment! The jobs are the saving grace. If it were not for that, I would have said something negative about them.

    ReplyDelete