Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CHARACTER FLAWS OF CELEBRITIES

Tiger Woods has a lot of “shoulds” and Charlie Sheen, to his wife, is mean. Celebrity character flaws are always in the news. If it isn’t drugs or booze, it is neurosis, psychosis, or immoral behavior. I am thankful for not being famous. Only my friends know about my flaws. Bono is an exception to the rule. He seems to always be doing something good for humanity. He is a very intelligent and talented person. I hope his flaws remain unknown. He is human so, he must have some. So far, he has kept them hidden. A man is the sum of his actions and what he has done. Hopefully, the good outweighs the bad. Shakespeare said, “To err is human, to forgive, divine.” This is a difficult ambition. I am not divine enough to forgive someone like Adolph Hitler. There is a limit on what can be forgiven. Everyone has a different set point.


We all have one thing in common, our imperfections. There are those who have had an achievement which made our world a better place but that does not make them perfect. In a perfect world, we would not judge others nor have prejudices. Learning to tolerate and accept one another is something to aspire for. However, again, there are limits. Common sense tells me to not be tolerant of militant Muslims who are trying to destroy my way of life. I say profile the bastards! Finally, our government has decided that it is politically correct to profile Muslims and other wanna be terrorist from certain countries. It is about time! We were damn lucky that goofy Nigerian just set his pants on fire instead of blowing up an airplane with hundreds of people on board. Wake up people! Fundamentalist Muslims hate us and want to kill us!


Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to do it when nobody is looking!




.

4 comments:

  1. It's as if our government is trying to downplay what is a war declared by our enemies into just a Chicago street fight. A job for criminal police instead of warfighters. We are urged on the one hand to support an expensive counter-insurgency in Afghanistan but nudged into believing any violence or attempted violence in the U.S. is merely a criminal act. Is this deliberate cognitive dissonance? What the hell is going on here?!? Are we faced with an incompetent government unable to function effectively, or have the Jihadistas infiltrated the highest levels of our government, and are now throwing sand into the gears of sanity? I'm beginning to believe that our government is an admixture of bunglers, unqualifieds and leaders who are deliberately misleading the public for some reason. Do they not believe we can take the truth, or do they worry that the truth will set them free . . . from their jobs and prospects? Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Tsar. Too bad you can't run as well as you talk. Too bad your body is not as strong as your mind. Too bad your witty but your outlook is shitty. I hope when you turn 70 years of age, you lose the rage, but continue to be sage. Life is short (and getting shorter) so, be happy and enjoy it!
    Peace and Prosperity To You,
    The Freelance Thinker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outrage is my only hobby, O Freelancer. It is how I exercise my mind since I can't my hind. Yes, my life is short, but I'm not the sort, to let it abort, my attack on the fort with the wort. Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot top your retort. You win this round.

    ReplyDelete