Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FREE EDUCATION ON THE WEB

On the right side of this blog page, there is a list of recommended sites. The second site listed is Open Culture. This is the most amazing site that I have found on the web. It brings together all the free, high-quality educational media that is scattered across the web. Its mission is to centralize all this media and give you access to this content whenever you want it. Free courses, free lectures, free audio books, free eBooks, and free movies, are all available. If you are interested in lifelong learning, this is the site for you. There are 250 online courses from top universities on every subject you can think of! And, did I mention they are FREE? I am currently enrolled in a Computer Science class at Harvard University. I listen to lectures, do workshops, and watch videos, all on line. It is truly an amazing experience. I am learning about hardware, software, the Internet, Multimedia, security, Website Development, as well as programming. I am now a “Harvard Man”. You may want to go to Yale or Stanford or any one of a number of first class universities. You can download these audio and video courses straight to your computer or mp3 player. Check it out! Apache JavaScript Tag a Packet on Gnutella! (Programing jargon)

4 comments:

  1. When I first found that site, I thought, Oh boy! But then I realized that with an Internet capability to download only 425 megs per 24 hours, I could not become a Harvard man. The best I can do is to become a North Dakota State Ag School man . . . part time. Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, You need a new server and a new IPO provider and an Accelerated Graphics Port and more clusters and a new DVD-RAM with 9.4 GB of rewritable optical storage and a new driver and a new Hard Disc Drive with at least 40 GB of storage space. You, also, need to stop drinking Arrogant Bastard Ale. You cannot navigate the web when you are drunk! What the hell are you going to do with a degree in Agriculture??!! Grow turnips? Get real, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got all of that except something to connect it to. No cable or phone company will come by my house, so I am stuck with satellite. That's why I push for the rural wideband bill and drink Arrogant Bastard all day. You wouldn't dis turnips if you'd ever had vodka made from them. Add an accelerated graphics port and you have the perfect drink for all occasions. Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete