Thursday, February 27, 2014

THE AVERAGE AMERICAN MAN, CHAPTER ONE

Tom asked the mysterious man, “What do you mean you can help me become the man I want to be? Are you a telemarketer trying to sell me something?”  “No, my name is John Locke. I am a philosopher who wants the average American to use reason to search after truth rather than simply accept the opinion of authorities or be subject to superstition. I need you, as the average American man, to lead the way to modern enlightenment. I am offering you an opportunity to save the United States from oblivion caused by moral decay.” Tom said, “Hey, I’m just an average guy. How the hell can I save the country?” John said, “I belong to a powerful group of Philosophers who will teach and guide you in this important endeavor. I’m the guy who taught Thomas Jefferson how to write the Declaration of Independence and the U. S. Constitution.”Tom exclaimed, Boise Idaho and Walla Walla Washington! Those are pretty darn good credentials. Okay, I’ll give it a try. Where do you guys want to meet?”  John said; let’s have dinner at Churchill’s Cigar Bar in Birmingham.” Tom said, “Okay, you’re on!”
                                  To be continued

“Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.” 
― John Locke

No comments:

Post a Comment