Saturday, December 7, 2013

CHAPTER THIRTY, HAIRY RISK TAKER, A NOVEL

Hairy said, “What can we do? By definition these monsters are impossible to recognize before they do their evil deeds.”
Harry answered, “There is a guy by the name of Lamont Cranston who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men. With his help and your connections at NSA, I think we can neutralize these evil bastards!”
 “Great,” said Hairy, “how do we get in touch with Mr. Cranston?”
“He has a secret identity known only by his girl friend, Margo Lane. I’ll call her to see if she can get a message to ‘The Shadow’.” Harry dialed her number and when she answered, he said, “Hello Margo, this is Harry, The Freelance Thinker. I need to get in touch with The Shadow. Can you help me?”
Margo said, “He is pretty busy with his never-ending battle against crime but I will see what I can do. Can you hold for a minute?”
Harry said, “Sure.” In precisely a minute, a deep voice said, “Hello Harry, this is the Shadow. I know what’s on your mind and I like it.”
“Yikes!  I forgot about your psychic powers. Can you join Hairy and me at Iwan Ries & Co. for some brainstorming?
A mysterious voice, emanating from the empty chair between Harry and Hairy, said, “The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. The Shadow knows. Ha, Ha Ha.”


To be continued…

The Shadow (Lamont Cranston)
THE SHADOW                            MARGO LANE

No comments:

Post a Comment