Tuesday, July 9, 2013

HELP FOR THE “HANDYMAN” ON THE NET

                                     Thanks for taking the time to visit Rick's Handyman Service web site.                                             

I have always thought of myself as a self educated intellectual who is not good at home repairs.  I have never been mechanically inclined. However, I recently discovered that the Internet can make a hopelessly clumsy and unskilled man into a competent home repair genius! My wife and family are amazed at the things I can do just by following directions.

I plugged into my browser, “doorbell not working”. Up came a site that enabled me to diagnose the problem. It told me it was a faulty button that caused the problem. Then, it told me how to obtain a new button and how to install it. Now, the doorbell works perfectly! Then, one of my storm doors stopped closing. The Internet told me how to replace the closer mechanism and make adjustments. Now, it works just fine! Then, I plugged into my browser, “bifold closet door came off its track”. A site came up with simple instructions on how to fix the problem. Wow, I thought now I can fix anything. Then my central air conditioning stopped working on the hottest day of the year. I plugged this into my browser and a site came up that said, “call a mechanical contractor and get your checkbook out!” 

                         
        

                                                         

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment