Wednesday, April 18, 2012

IN THE SPRING,


A boy’s fancy turns to fishing, a young man’s fancy turns to love, and an old man’s fancy turns to sailing. Hawks glide on thermals in the sky. Purple martins arrive from Brazil but I don’t know why. Yellow finches are back from who knows where.  Ducks quack on the lake and bird songs are in the air.  Lilac’s fragrance is wafting on the breeze. Bright sunshine warms my skin. I wonder where to begin. Clean the garage? Mow the grass? No, I will hang the hammock and rest my ass. It is time to meditate about the season. Spring is here and it is pleasin!

Another thing I love about spring, is putting up flags. Colorful flags flying in the wind are marvelous to behold. State, country, university, and officer flags tell stories that are never too old to be told. On my water front I fly flags for the U.S.A., Michigan, Michigan State University, and Yacht Club Past Commodore. They make a magnificent show!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Free:
    The Tsar likes you choice of flags, particularly the MSU one (which the Tsar doesn't have: hint, hint).
    As for spring, the Tsar believes that the early and hot spring is caused by the sun flaming out. We are DOOMED!!!
    -TsarPat
    PS: Anyone wishing to give away all their possessions prior to the end of the world, may contact me at http://patrickfero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete