Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I AM A NEW FAN OF ROMANTIC NOVELS

I just read my first romance novel and I loved it! The title is "On The Island". The author is Tracey Garvis-Graves. I bought the book by mistake. I thought it was an adventure story about a castaway on a tropical island. I would never have purchased it if I had known it was a love story about a 30 year old woman and a 16 year old boy who are stranded on a remote island for 3 years. As the boy grows into a man, a close relationship develops between them. There is an adventure aspect to the story but the main gist of the plot is about how they become lovers. Each of the characters take turns telling the story from their point of view. This literary technique adds a fascinating, phychological aspect to the story. It is intriging to learn what each character is thinking about the development of the romance. The evential sexual involvement is erotic but described in good taste. I am now a fan of romantic novels. I hope I can find another one as good as "On The Island".

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Free, they're all the same . . . unless by Mikhail Bulgakov. Read one and you've read them all. A real money saver.
    Good to hear, though, that your hormones are once again raging. Does Nancy know about this?
    BTW: How does a retiree "vacation?"
    -TsarPat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go mooch off my brother-in-law in Houston. He has a pool, good scotch and excellent cigars.

    ReplyDelete