Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 WAS QUITE A YEAR !


Wow! An awful lot happened in 2011 and it happened fast. Geniuses died, wars ended, monsters were killed, earthquakes and tsunamis killed thousands of people, fruitcakes tried to occupy Wall Street, extreme weather events plagued the world, technology continued making unbelievable advancements, and heroes accomplished amazing things.

Comparatively, I did not accomplish very much but I am pleased with my progress. I enjoyed another year of being a part of a large loving family. I continue to refine and develop my own personal beliefs and Philosophy. Through all the ups and downs, fears, stresses, and common humanity that are a part of life, I have learned that absolute truth is evasive. There are many angles from which to approach events and ideas. I have become acutely aware of the relativity of things. Your point of view is different from mine and I have learned to respect that.

Each year, I become a different person, essentially in flux, always open to new discoveries and insights. I have discovered that everything you were sure is right could be wrong. I have ceased to take things for granted. I have evolved from moral certainty to existential doubt; it was a painful journey but incredibly liberating. I have encountered many people worthy of respect regardless of their opinions and beliefs. I do not despair of the future though it may seem bleak at times. I will continue to pursue interest that stimulate my mind and I am convinced that what is most important is how we relate to one another; how we can be more supportive and help each other live a kinder, fuller, more loving life. Happy new year!

2 comments:

  1. Well put, Mr. Free-at-Last.
    Happy new year to you and your readers.
    TsarPat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am greatly honored to have the Tsar's approval!

    ReplyDelete