Wednesday, June 1, 2011

HOBBIES ARE GOOD FOR YOU!

Do you have a hobby? If not, you should consider getting one. The benefits are enormous. They are an oasis in the desert of life. They provide nourishing facts of knowledge along with an escape from monotonous life. Life would be very boring without hobbies. They are a diversion, a passion, and can give a sense of purpose. I have enjoyed a bunch of hobbies: Sailing, mountain hiking, reading, chess, bridge, gardening, blogging, stamp collecting, wood carving, wine label and cork collecting, water colors, sunsets, and poetry.  Hobbies have played an important role in my life. They helped to pass spare time and gave me pleasure, peace of mind, and relaxation. I think they have had a positive effect on my health. They say that hobbies help you to avoid Alzheimer’s disease and to have a long life. The best benefit of a hobby is new friendships! People who collect empty toilet paper rolls just naturally become friends of people who have the same interest. Who wouldn’t like to have more friends?   

3 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Thinker:
    Well, that's a great idea! I can hardly wait to get started!! And I've selected you to have the opportunity to send my first collector's item. I've decided to collect $100 bills U.S. currency. Thanks in advance,
    The Tsar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tsar,
    Your bill for $100.00 is in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you take Zimbabwe currency.
    The Mambo Tsar

    ReplyDelete