Wednesday, April 28, 2010

U. S. CENSUS BUREAU ENUMERATOR SCHOOL


Yesterday, I spent 8 hours learning how to fill out U.S. Government form D-308, Daily Pay and Work Record. Only Capital letters, printed inside blocks, can be used. The times of day are written in hours and minutes but hours worked have to be written in hours and percentage of hours. Proper task code and operation name and office code must be used or you don't get paid. I have to sign a certification (under penalty of imprisonment if it is wrong) and then get my supervisor's certification. Of course, the form is in duplicate and if you make a mistake it cannot be corrected; you have to start over. Basically, I was paid $128.00 to learn how to complete the form necessary for me to be paid $128.00. So, I am off to an exciting start. Can't wait to see what us enumerators learn, tomorrow.  I am becoming a U. S. Census Bureau NRFU/ENUMERATOR. The Government has an acronym for everything. NRFU stands for NonResponse FollowUp. My position is highly specialized and temporary. As soon as everyone has been counted, my job is over. I hope I can count on you!


Another sure sign of spring has arrived from Brazil. The Purple Martins moved into my bird house this morning. Every year they migrate from the rain forest in Brazil to Devils Lake. Truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment