Tuesday, November 20, 2012

EVERY DAY I AM THANKFUL FOR BEING LUCKY


And once a year on Thanksgiving Day I like to think (after all, I am a freelance thinker) about all the events and people that made me lucky. First, let me review how lucky I am. I have a beautiful wife who gave me 5 terrific children and 10 grand children who are destined for great achievements in life. We have a healthy, loving family that has been very close and supportive. Even without the benefit of a college degree, I was able to support my family with an earned income that was in the top 5% of all incomes in the USA. I do not consider myself to be above average in intelligence and I am not an athletic person. However, I am one lucky guy! All the stars were in the right alignment, or something.  

Here is a list of the events and people that I think made me lucky: I grew up on a small farm and my parents were poor, worked hard, and were good role models. I learned a great deal about life from that experience. I went to an excellent High School in a prosperous town and became a part of a “click” of kids who were very studious high achievers. This peer group had a positive effect on me.  They all went on to become doctors, lawyers and engineers but I joined the Air Force. There were no wars during the four years I was a radar technician and no one was shooting at me. I received a nice tour of the Far East during peace time. Then, I got a job in the insurance industry and discovered that I was a pretty good salesman. That is when I met and married Nancy (my trophy wife). She made me motivated by giving birth to triplets. Because we needed money and I wanted to get out of the house, I was always out selling insurance. Now, you know the story of my lucky life.

2 comments:

  1. You made some of your own luck, Mr. Thinker, congratulations.
    But of course, you left out the luckiest part of your entire life: knowing the Tsar.
    It doesn't get any better than that; just ask him.
    -TsarPat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, You are right. I am deeply grateful for your influence. After all, you are my best man.

      Delete