Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A CONTROVERSIAL PLAN THAT WORKS!


There is no such thing as a neutral point of view concerning a controversial topic such as politics/economics. Especially during an election year people have strong yet divergent opinions which lead to heated debates.  I find that the debates of my fellow common citizens make more sense than the televised debates of this year’s crop of presidential candidates. They just don’t seem to get it. It’s the economy stupid! Why can’t they put together a simple plan to get us back on track and then promise to implement that plan?

Here is a political platform that I would promote if I were running for President: My main goal would be to get more companies to locate their plants in the U.S.. To accomplish this I would simplify the tax code, cut corporate rates, streamline regulations, make immigration policy more flexible and balance the budget slowly over the long term. Doing these things would create jobs which would create wealth which would solve most of our problems. I would stop spending billions on nation building and foreign aid and repair our infrastructure. I would make it easier for employers to get involved in education so that young people can be trained to do the emerging high-tech jobs. There, you see? It’s not that difficult. I do not have Pay Pal so, just send me a check.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lance:
    You have my vote!
    I use PayPal, though, so you'll have to self-finance your campaign (which I presume will then be very short).
    Suggestion: Promise free beer for all.
    -TsarPat (from beery Charlottesville, VA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are two things wrong with your policy.
    1. Your plan seems to give a s**t about all the people that it would effect. Not just the rich.

    2. It wouldn't make millions and millions of dollars for you while you paid the workers 50 cent/hour to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete