Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS


This past week I attended a wedding reception and a funeral. Both were emotionally moving experiences. The wedding was for a young friend and the funeral was for an old friend. The young friend’s event reminded me of my own wedding.  I was excited, worried but hopeful that everything would turn out alright. Everything turned out more than alright. My lovely bride and I have had a terrific marriage that has produced 5 children and 10 grandchildren (so far). To say that we have been blessed would be an understatement!

The old friend’s event was expected but still sad. She was an 88 year old woman who had been a good friend of my wife and my wife’s parents. The parents are gone and so is their friend. The dear departed one had many friends and a large loving family. I have many fond memories of some good times with her and my wife’s parents. Part of the joy of marriage comes from involvement with your spouse’s family. Families joining other families through marriage can be a very good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment