Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I BET YOU DID NOT KNOW…

There are 5000 varieties of potatoes and they are one of the most cultivated vegetables in the world. Because of their high nutritional value, it is possible to live on only a diet of potatoes. They enhance the function of the brain. They are recommended to cure intestinal inflammation. The antioxidants from potatoes make your skin healthy. They strengthen your immune system and help protect you from cancer. They are rich in vitamin B6, which enhances brain cell activity, which can keep depression away. It is impossible to gain weight by eating potatoes unless you make French fries out of them. If you have a weakened digestive system, it is beneficial to eat potatoes because the rich carbohydrate content is easily digested and gives you energy.

When I climbed the Andes to reach Machu Picchu, my Inca Indian guides fed me delicious potato dishes on the trail. Nobody knows potatoes like the Inca Indians. After all, they discovered and cultivated them thousands of years ago in Peru. Ireland has some wonderful potato recipes but the potato did not reach Ireland until the sixteenth century. I have enjoyed famous potato dishes in Dublin, as well. The Spanish like potatoes and they became popular in Spain after a sudden belief started gaining ground that the potato tuber contained aphrodisiac qualities. I did not like the potatoes that I had in Barcelona.

Today, I have harvested some beautiful red skin potatoes from my garden. I will prepare them for tonight’s dinner. I am certain they will keep me healthy and sexy!


I love potatoes, they're awesome, they're great,
I eat potatoes when I awake,
Dream of potatoes as I sleep,
Oh how many potatoes I will eat,
Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes,
For everyone, friend and foe,
Never can you have too many,
God forbid you not have any,
Potatoes with every meal,
Even eat them when you're ill,
French fries, and tater tots,
I love potaoes with all I've got!

3 comments:

  1. I'm working on the 50001st variation: A tuber that comes straight from the ground tasting like a Burger King french fry but containing no calories. I'm getting close but can't figure out how to get the salt on it underground. Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY, YOU ARE CREATIVE! MY ADVICE IS TO GROW YOUR FRENCH FRIES IN HALLSTATT, AUSTRIA WHICH SITS ON A HUGE SALT DEPOSIT THAT HAS BEEN MINED FOR 5000 YEARS WITHOUT DEPLETING IT. PLUS, THE BEER THERE IS VERY GOOD. GOOD LUCK WITH FERO'S FATLESS FRIES FROM AUSTRIA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried that but couldn't figure out how to get out of the biergarten, so I didn't make any progress, although I did invent a pretzel that tasted like festbier. Tsar Pat

    ReplyDelete