Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MISCELANEOUS STUFF

A beautiful September morning on Devils lake. Water like glass, misty fog rising into a blue sky, and brilliant sunshine warming the cool, crisp air. I am lucky to be alive. I am happy and so is my cat. Julia Child said, "Une maison sans chat, c'est la vie sans soleil!" I love cats and so did Julia. I am reading her wonderful memoir, "My Life In France". Also reading,"say everything", by Scott Rosenburg. Anyone who wants to know where blogs came from_and why they matter_should read this book. Rosenberg is a champion of blogging. I am also reading, "The TASTE Of Conquest" by Michael Krondl. This book intrigued me because it is about three subjects that fascinate me: Spices for cooking, Sailing adventures, and History. You can probably tell by my reading activity that I do not have a job. No, I am not a victim of the recession; I just do not like to work. Playing is my thing!

Just heard a couple of news items on the radio: $500,000,000 of the federal stimulus money has been allocated to study climate warming in the Arctic. Another dumb move by our representatives. And the Michigan Legislature and our Governor are close to having a budget that uses stimulus money and increased taxes. Sounds dumb to me. Shouldn't we be balancing the State budget by cutting expenses and reducing spending?!

Yesterday, my wife, Nancy, had elective surgery on her foot. I spent a pleasant day with her at the hospital. No, really, it was a pleasant day. She was greeted courteously at the admissions desk, answered a few questions, signed some forms that were completed for her, and was taken back to the surgery area. She had selected the surgeon, scheduled the surgery with only a short waiting period. The nurses were congenial and professional, the doctor and the anesthesiologist made us feel comfortable with their competence. Everything went smoothly and her group insurance is paying all the bills. Don't need no public option, thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment