Wednesday, July 8, 2009

SIMPLE PLEASURES OF LIFE

Life is difficult. life is complicated. Life is filled with sorrow. Life is filled with joy. Life is what you make it. Shakespeare said, "Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifiying nothing." Shaw said, "There is true joy in life." Whatever you call it, life can be made better by the simple pleasures that can be found between the sorrows and joys. It is important to look for them and savor them. Yesterday, I took two of my grandchildren tubing on the lake. I went for a long walk in the country and enjoyed nature. I picked and arranged some flowers from my garden. For dinner I had tacos and beer with friends. In the evening, on a glider on the end of our dock, I enjoyed a drink and a fine cigar while viewing a magnificent sunset. On this beautiful July morning, I watered the grass.

Some of my favorite simple pleasures are doing things for others. Breakfast in bed for my loving wife. Watering Jan's flowers, helping a neighbor girl to learn how to water ski. Being a good listener for people with problems. Doing a favor for a friend. Being helpful and doing favors for others makes me feel good about myself. The simple pleasures make life worthwhile. Look for them and savor them!

No comments:

Post a Comment