Wednesday, April 22, 2009

IS PERSISTENCE THE ANSWER?

I used to think that perseverance could accomplish anything. When I was a young insurance salesman, my mantra was, "No one has endurance like the man who sells insurance". I thought that endurance and perseverance could accomplish anything. When I became older and wiser I realized that one must also have a cognitive connection with reality, and some common sense. This morning, as I enjoyed my breakfast, I watched a young male robin continually bang into my window. He was seeing his own reflection in the glass. He wanted to either fight or make love to the bird in the window. Over and over again he banged into the glass and each time he did it with a little less force because he was getting exhausted from banging his head on a glass wall. But he did not give up. Talk about persistence! However, he was disconnected with reality. Hobbs, my old cat, calmly watched with fascination. Because his brain is larger than a bird's brain, he did not waste energy trying to catch the bird. He just waited until the bird finally fell to the ground, and enjoyed a nice breakfast of his own. There is a lesson here: Stop acting like a bird brain! Don't give billions of money to failed banks, insurance companies, and automobile manufacturers. There is a big Chinese cat waiting to devour us. Instead, let's spend some money helping new innovative, entrepreneurial companies get started to fill the void. And, while we are at it, let's stop spending money and time trying to broker a peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. For two thousand years they have been building the current balance of power. Israel is a fortress surrounded by people who hate them and want them to leave. If you think you can solve this problem, you are truly a bird brain! They must solve their own problems or suffer the consequences. Breakfast is over; I must go beat my head against another wall. Have an enlightened day!

1 comment:

  1. If a definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome, our governments are insane. Unfortunately, the voters who keep electing the same people over and over are the bigger problem.
    Tsar Patrovich

    ReplyDelete