Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BUNDLED SERVICES CONVENIENCE???

TELEPHONE, INTERNET, TELEVISION__They all quit working! I am irritated and frustrated. On the phone I get wrong numbers, on the television I get a slow slide show instead of continuous video, on the internet I get s l o w, intermittant, on again and off again service. This has been happening for two days! Can't make important emails, personal and business information has been lost or delayed. And I cannot contact my service provider because they are experiencing "service problems". I am wondering what would happen if this becomes a permanent condition? Would my life slow down and become less stressful? Would I read more books and become more intelligent? Would I write and receive highly anticipated long hand letters? Would I be able to spend more quality time with friends and neighbors? Would I have more time to help my family? Would I receive less bad news from all over the world, instanteously? Would I get healthy and live longer because I would have time to excersize? Maybe, I (and everyone else) would be better off! Should I cancel my bundle of services? What do you think? So many questions; so few answers.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your provider problems. To me this is an issue of balance. The more we progress the more tools we create. These are great. Then there's also the poetic notion of going back to simpler ways. To me it's best not to get to absorbed by these new fangled inventions which can truly suck one in at the expense of a healthier/better life. Also, to me, one should never be to dependent on any one thing. To see how dependent you've become wait till you have provider issues and see how much it effects your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those who does not wish to go back in time, especially medically. I'd be dead without modern medicine. And, regardless of those who regret the fact that I am not, I exist to continue the dominance of technical progress to the extent of my waning ability. Bring on more and more. I know how to choose. I still avoid TV and still find time to read books made from pulp, not papyrus as some would like to believe. Life is a series of choices. I love choices. Give me more!!!!!
    Tsar Patrovich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to the Tsar! An excellent, well thought out response. Making choices is the answer. Thanks for letting me know what you think. I did not know you could think so well.Do you have a ghost writer?

    ReplyDelete