Tuesday, September 11, 2012

WHY DO I BLOG?


I do it because I think it is important to express my opinions and feelings about life. I like to think that I am not a hypocrite and the world would be a better place if more people were honest about how they feel about important questions and issues. The human inclination is to be guarded about what they really think. Therefore, it is difficult to have meaningful discussions. Everyone is afraid of the criticism that might result from a disclosure of how they think. For example, I am not a “believer” of the Christian religion. But I have the highest regard for those who are believers. My wife is one of the most passionate and faithful believers that I know. And I love her dearly.

The fellow members of her church recently did a very big act of kindness for her out of respect for the work she does for the church. I am in awe of that generosity. I consider them to be good people and good friends. The Christian tradition of religion has done many fine things for humanity and I am grateful. I wish that all religions could be so altruistic. Unfortunately, many awful things are done in the name of religion and I am sorry to see that. To me, God is inscrutable and hard to understand. There are many mysteries in life!

DDinesh D’Souza’s blockbuster documentary”2016: Obama’s America”  has created quite a sensation. For an interview of Mr. D’Sousa go to: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/dsouza-responds/?nl=opinion&emc=edit_ty_20120911

No comments:

Post a Comment