Tuesday, July 10, 2012

MAKING FRIENDS

Over the years, I have had to hire trade people for a variety of jobs: Garage door replacement, new hardwood floors, house painted, new roof, remodeled a porch, two bathrooms, and our kitchen. My wife recently pointed out to me that I have become friends of all these skilled trade people and consequently, received excellent service and reasonable prices for their work. Thinking about it, I decided she was right. Then, I got to thinking about how I developed these wonderful relationships. I decided it was because of the way I treated them. I always try to treat people with respect, dignity, and friendliness. Also, a little humor and good natured kidding doesn't hurt. I have found that if you are nice to people, they will be nice to you. Yes, there are a few cranky people who are an exception to this rule but not many. Another important trait that is important to developing friends is to not expect perfection. I am far from being perfect so why should I expect others to be perfect. Try my technique and you will have more friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment