Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DOMAIN, URL, PROTOCOL, PATH, YIKES!

Creating a compelling website for people who wish to learn how to make better use of the Internet is more difficult than I thought it would be. It requires the development of new skills and mastering new software programs. I am learning a whole new vocabulary of terms, such as: Hyper Text Markup Language, Cascading Style Sheets, FTP client, Host, Server script, Search Engine optimization, Key Words, and “Oh Shit!” The list goes on and on. The physical construction of an attractive site is demanding but then you have to worry about content. It has to be fresh, continuous, useful, and of high quality. That will entail a great amount of research and work. However, I am glad that Pat and I decided to take on the task. I think it will be rewarding. Also, the teacher of a subject usually learns more than the students. I am looking forward to my own increased knowledge! So, anyway, we are off and running (not the website, yet) with the project in the works. I will be reporting on our progress. Happy navigating!

No comments:

Post a Comment