Saturday, October 17, 2009

LESSON 3 ABOUT THINKING (RELATIONSHIPS)

First of all, I appologize for being late. I have been posting my blog every Wednesday but missed last Wednesday because of being on vacation.
Today, we are going to think about your relationships with people. Whether it is a friend, a co-worker, your supervisor at work, or your neighbor, relationships can be dangerous. You need to be able to identify the people who can make your life miserable and avoid them like the plague. Who are these people and how do we recognize them? Psychologists call these people, sociopaths. One in 25 ordinary Americans is one. They secretly have no conscience and can do anything at all without feeling guilty. They have no feelings of guilt or remorse no matter what they do to you, no limiting sense of concern for the well-being of friends, family, or strangers. They lie with impunity and only care about themselves. The bad news is, they are difficult to identify. They are masters of deception. The most reliable sign of a sociopath is that they appeal to your sympathy. They want other people to feel sorry for them; Then, they can take advantage of you. When considering a new relationship, practice "the rule of threes". Three lies, three broken promises, or three neglected responsibilities, means trouble! Do not give your money, your work, or your secrets, or your affection to a three-timer.
Until next time, keep an open mind and keep on thinking.

3 comments:

  1. I know who the one in twenty-five is, too. Now, here's my question:
    Is it possible to mix and match? Can I take one from Column A and two from Column B? How about all three--one lie, one broken promise and one neglected responsibility--three strikes and you're out, Dude!
    My mind is so open all my brains fell out.
    Tsar Patrovich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to the Tsar! You have posed an excellent penetrating question which shows that you are paying attention. Unlike most other blogs, I only have one active follower. Even though your brains fell out, I am lucky to have you.

    The answer is a resounding YES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have more than one follower- I am just a silent follower most of the time.

    I only have one question, where was this good advice 30 years ago. Could of saved me a lifetime of sociopathic attacks??

    Thanks for the good advice

    Vickie Hintz

    ReplyDelete